If you’re buying or selling a home, chances are you’re working with a Realtor. Whatever your needs or desires when it comes to these important decisions, make sure you select a Realtor whom you feel comfortable with and who understands the current housing market.
Interview Your Future Realtor
If you thought dating was hard, try this! You trust someone, often a stranger, to help you find the home you’ll be investing and living in for years to come or selling the home where you’ve built memories.
The first step in this large – and oftentimes emotional – financial transaction is finding the perfect Realtor for you. Here are some questions to ask when interviewing Realtors:
- How long have you been licensed?
- What areas of town do you specialize in?
- What’s your closing rate over the past three months?
- How will you keep me updated throughout the process?
- May I have referrals from your other clients?
- What is your commission percentage?
- How many other clients are you representing right now?
- When was your last real estate class or training?
- Do you have a service guarantee?
- What marketing efforts do you use?
These questions will lead you down a path of greater insight and awareness of the Realtor’s capabilities. Ultimately, it will help you find someone who you can trust. The journey of homeownership can be an emotional as well as financial, so take the necessary steps to help ensure your experience is a positive one.
This educational article is provided as a courtesy by your credit union’s home loan partner, myCUmortgage. For information regarding your unique home loan needs, please work with your credit union loan officer.